March 7, 2013

I have been Busy!

This year I decided to rejoin the Dear Jane Secret Pal Game.
I thought I would have more time, plenty of time to make one gift a month.
So where has that elusive time gone? Who knows?!?!
But I do enjoy the Secret Pal exchange. For March I sent a pattern of Hawaiian applique, and a coin purse with an embroidered hibiscus-that I picked up in Hawaii last month. For fabric I choose a sunny yellow and a medium teal that matched the coin purse very well.
For February, I made a Mug Rug with a heart, sent a heart coffee mug, heart candies, and made a ladybug hot pad. The quick little gifts are fun to make. 
I did forget to take pictures!! April I will post with pictures!
I also did a WorldWide Quilting Day Swap with an online group. 
The packages are to be opened on March 16th-Worldwide Quilting Day.
I forgot to take pictures of that too! But I made a scissors holder and a small fabric box with chocolates fabric filled with Godiva chocolate. I added a puzzle of Seattle.
For the same online group, I joined a Valentine's Day Swap. 
No pictures for that either!! I sent a coffee cup with lid that hearts are supposed to appear on when you add hot liquid, candy,  a lady bug hot pad, and a heart mug rug.
Now I am working on a small applique for a Crayon Challenge for my Local Quilt Guild!
I will post picture of that when it is completed!!

No comments: