Ah, I got my fabrics mixed up this week. These are the Ladies' Album fabrics I am using for the Jane Austen BOW. But at least I am using scrappy 1800's reproductions for this ToM BOM and this block will fit in.
This block is called Texas Rose. There is only one birthday in April for our group, so it is easy to stay caught up. I was pretty much out of yellow fabrics. And they aren't easy to find! This yellow is the only one from my closest local quilt shop that I thought would fit in well. All the others were too gold or too orange. I did make it to another shop a bit further away and had more luck. I found 5 yellows that I think will go well in the quilt.
I hoped that that shop would also carry some of the Ladies Album and Mill Book 1850 lines, but they aren't carrying either. I am not sure my 7 yards will be enough for the Jane Austen BOW that I am sewing along with.
This week's BOW. A very quick block this week. That will give me a little extra time to catch up on my other sewing. I am almost finished with my Around the World swap blocks from one of my Yahoo groups. I can also work a little more on the first Benjamin Biggs block. LUS
Another quick and fun block. Side by side, my blocks look rather similar in color. Must be because I am using the same 7 fabrics. I may add more, but I think only if I can find the Ladies Album or Mill Book 1852 locally. I like both lines very much.
Wow! I finally finished spinning this wool! V has claimed it for her own. She has decided it would look great as a scarf. I showed her a pretty twisty pattern that is pretty simple and got the OK. It should crochet up quickly.
I used 3 fabrics in this block and I am pleased with how it turned out. The pink is from the Ladies Album line (used in block 1 also). The 2 floral fabrics are from Moda, Mill Book 1852.
The block went together better this week. The square in a square sections turn out fine. But I am still having trouble putting them into rows, and then putting the rows together. But yes, it was better, and I hope next week will be even better!
A little bit of `fussy cutting' for this week's block. The blues are the same fabrics! Each of the 9 patches went together well, but I had a little trouble when it came to putting the 3 rows together. In the end the measurements were fine, but the seam allowances on the back show the mistakes.
These are the next 3 Birthday Sampler Blocks. I am all caught up! So far the blocks have all been 12 inches. I might start thinking of a layout sometime this month, as it is a slow month with only one Birthday.