December 31, 2013

2014-The Year of the UFO!

Too many UFOs?
Of Course!
This past year, I have been trying to whittle down that UFO pile. I have made myself a list and must complete 5 UFOs before starting something new. It has worked fairly well. 
But that pile is still way too large. I want to be able to start a new, exciting project whenever something strikes my fancy!
So for 2014 I want to work double time and get that pile down! 
In 2 of my online quilt groups, I have joined their UFO challenges. They do overlap, but hey, I'll get double credit for finishing a project. And that should give me double incentive too!
My first UFO is from the Downton Abbey fabric line. I am making the free pattern from Andover Fabrics called Violet's Quilt. It is for my daughter. Didn't this fabric line just come out, you ask? How could it already be a UFO? Well, I started it, and it has just sat on my cutting table with other stuff piled on. It is in huge danger of becoming a never finished quilt.
I did spend the last day or two working on cleaning up my craft room. While far from neat, it is much better. Most of the floor is cleared off. Lots of supplies put back where they should be. Just don't look in those couple of drawers that became catchalls! I think this cleaner room will really help in getting more finished.
One bonus of the 5 finishes before a new start has been that I have finished many of my small to dos. My mending especially has been finished instead of gathering dust. 
Hurray for 2104-The year of the FINISHED UFO!


3 comments:

Marjorie said...

I am also on a UFO reducing mission. May we both be successful. Cheers

jjthor said...

I did the ufo finishes last year. it really made a difference joining a ufo group gave me the umph to get to work!!lol hope you get many done this year !!

Cindy said...

thank you! Here is to less UFOs!
Cindy