April 26, 2014

Birthday Sampler-Block 8

This block is called Texas Rose. There is only one birthday in April for our group, so it is easy to stay caught up. I was pretty much out of yellow fabrics. And they aren't easy to find! This yellow is the only one from my closest local quilt shop that I thought would fit in well. All the others were too gold or too orange.  I did make it to another shop a bit further away and had more luck. I found 5 yellows that I think will go well in the quilt. 
I hoped that that shop would also carry some of the Ladies Album and Mill Book 1850 lines, but they aren't carrying either. I am not sure my 7 yards will be enough for the Jane Austen BOW that I am sewing along with.

2 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great block. Love the fabrics you picked as well

Cindy said...

Thank you Billie :)
Cindy